Second weekend in a row with absolutely GORGEOUS weather. Even as I am typing this I am worried I am jinxing the sun away… so I will stop going on about it. It does feel as if spring has well and truly sprung however and this lively elderflower berry Collins is just the cocktail for it.
- 10 raspberries
- 10 blueberries
- 2 measures | 50ml | 1.7fl oz elderflower cordial (I used Bottlegreen)
- 4 measures | 100ml | about 4 fl oz gin
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp grenadine (or strawberry syrup)
- 1 tbsp sugar syrup
- Soda water
- Put the berries, cordial, lemon juice, grenadine and sugar syrup in your cocktail shaker (or a large glass) and crush with the end of a clean rolling pin.
- Add the gin and stir.
- Share the cocktail mix between 2 highball (tall) glasses. Half fill the glasses with cracked ice and top up with soda water.
- Stir very thoroughly, decorate with a couple extra raspberries and serve.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA