My favourite Giovanni Rana ravioli is filled with gorgonzola and walnuts and it tastes just great with just a little melted butter and a sprinkling of fresh herbs. But if you want to enjoy it in a really indulgent way then try my recipe – it is incredibly rich and you only need a small taste so ideal for sharing! When adding the sauce to the ravioli don’t overwhelm it, just a little of the sauce is enough to bring out the best in the pasta.
This post is sponsored by Giovanni Rana – liveitalian.co.uk #liveitalian.
2 packs Giovanni Rana Gorgonzola & Crunchy Mellow Walnut Large Ravioli
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 large shallots, very finely diced
2 large garlic cloves, very finely diced
large splash dry Vermouth (or white wine)
100-150g | 3.5-5.3oz gorgonzola, crumbled
150ml | 5fl oz single cream (or a little more, to taste)
2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach leaves, stalks removed
handful walnuts, roughly chopped
small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper to season
2. Increase the heat slightly and then add the vermouth or wine.
3. Once the sizzling subsides, add the cream and cheese and stir together over low heat until the cheese melts. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the spinach leaves and stir together until they start to wilt. Keep the sauce warm.
5. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add a generous pinch of salt and the ravioli.
6. Reduce heat to a rolling simmer and gently stir the ravioli. Cook for 4 minutes then remove with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
7. Spoon the sauce over the pasta and then sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and parsley. Serve immediately.