Makes 1 large jar
250g | 8.8oz rolled oats
100g | 3.5oz goji berries
50g | 1.7oz pumpkin seeds
50g | 1.7oz sesame seeds
50g | 1.7oz flaked almonds
50g | 1.7oz hazelnuts, roughly chopped
50g | 1.7oz desiccated unsweetened (shredded) coconut
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or sunflower oil)
175g | about 6oz clear honey (or maple syrup, or mix of the two)
- Preheat the oven to 180C | 350F.
- Put the goji berries in a bowl and pour enough hot water over them to barely cover. Leave for 5 minutes to plump up. Drain and pat dry with kitchen towel. Set aside.
- Put the oats, all the seeds and coconut in a large bowl. Mix together.
- Add the coconut oil and honey (you may need to warm the honey to make it runny) and mix together using a wooden spoon. Make sure the mix is evenly coated.
- Spread the mix in a large tray lined with baking paper and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Keep stirring the mixture every few minutes to make sure it toasts and browns evenly.
- Take the tray out of the oven and add the goji berries. Mix then in and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- After the granola has been in the oven for total of 20 minutes check it - it may need another 5 minutes. When it's ready, take it out of the oven and cool completely.
- Put in a large storage jar. This will keep for about a month - I finished my batch in under a week.